Saturday 2 April 2011

what do i fear

It's common for some people to be afraid of the lights and thunder. But i've developed a phobia of heavy rain. I shouldn't called it a phobia, my fear is not to that extreme - but it's one of my greatest phobia. 

It really scared me when i'm left alone in a house or a place and then suddenly come the heavy rain. I can't figure out when do i started to develope this phobia, but i know that i've this fear since childhood.

It'll be fine if i'm with someone else. But if i'm left alone in the annoying sound of the heavy rain, i'll started to to find a dark place and sit there quietly, waiting for the rain to stop. Sometimes i couldn't even bear to see the heavy rain. The way it fall down the earth, its heavy sound - it made me feel insecure, feel like i'm in a dangerous situation.

At the time i would pray that someone will come home. Even if my parent coming home, i'm still scared to open the door. My heart will beat faster when i'm about to open the door. I never understand this part of myself. Perhaps this fear come from watching too many horror and thriller movies. One thing for sure is that i don't think i'll be able to stop it.

2 comments:

  1. so pity of you..
    since i was in childhood,
    heavy rain is the moment for waiting..
    even mom had scolded bcoz of thunder, i will not to refuge in the house...
    play in rain is the best moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh,, i see, now i just know that iman afraid of lights and thunder, its okey, if you afraid you can call me and i will by your side... hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete